Visit it now! This site will be going away completely, soon...
Current Version: 2.0
EmailAlert is a utility to quickly send an email.
EmailAlert is designed to send a preconfigured email, and can be used to scripts and other applications to alert you via email when a certain condition is met.
For example, I personally use it in a script to notify me when a client's backup fails...
Run EmailAlert.exe to configure.
Run EmailAlert.exe -e to send email with the preset configuration.
Other command line parameters can override preset configuration, they are as follows:
This program may be run from a flash drive, CD, or other portable means by simply copying EmailAlert.exe to your portable medium.
Note: Proper use may require the VB6 SP6 Runtime files from www.microsoft.com to be installed - most systems have these already, but if something isn't working properly, download them and try again. When using the installer package, these files are installed if needed.
EmailAlert is designed to work with Windows 2000 SP3 and up. It should also work on Server OSes and the Vista/7 with both 32 and 64bit flavors, but your mileage may vary!
In addition to this package you are about to download, it may require the standard VB6SP6 Runtimes available from Microsoft as part of the VB6SP6 Redistributable package. These files: msvbvm60.dll, OLEAUT32.DLL, OLEPRO32.DLL, ASYCFILT.DLL, STDOLE2.TLB, COMCAT.DLL are installed with the application if needed, however you may need to pluck them from your system if using this as a portable app - just depends on what system you are running it from and whether it has the appropriate files in the system path.
This application requires cdosys.dll which may or may not be part of a WinPE based boot cd.
This software is licensed, however it is completely FREE for personal and commercial use under the terms of this license. A thank you email would be nice! You could even donate a few bucks via Paypal if you really wanted to.
- ANY use of this application is FREE only if you acknowledge that this program is provided with no warranties or guarantees of any kind, and that you (not John N. Shaw, not
Foolish IT, LLC, not my web host, not your ISP, not your mother) and only you are held as the bearer of sole responsibility for any use or misuse of this software and any resulting damages in any form, monetary or otherwise. If you do not accept this policy but are still compelled to use the software, there is a small one-time licensing fee of 10 million dollars.
- There are no limitations, no trial versions, no included code for licensing/activation/etc., no ads, no nags, no 3rd party *ware of any sort included in this software or it's installer. This program is provided as-is, with no guarantees, no warranties, and no worries.
- Source code for this application remains the sole property of the author; this is at least until I can learn to code better and re-write it so that it isn’t not so embarrassing. I may open source it at some point after this. Don't count on it because I'm really lazy.
- Any use of this software requires that you accept the fact that I'm not responsible for anything you do with any software, including this app!
* By downloading any of the following software, you accept the license above.
EmailAlert - Setup
EmailAlert - Application Only
- For use in a portable environment (i.e. Flash Drives, WinPE based boot cds, etc. etc.) This may require certain VB6 redistributable files if not already on your system. See Portable Usage notes above.