- D7\Reports - stores all reports in the \Reports subdirectory of wherever D7 is being run from.
- Store Locally Only - stores reports in your configured local storage directory on the Operating System partition that D7 is currently operating on.
- Store in D7\Reports AND in the Local Dir - stores reports both in D7\Reports and the reports directory specified below.
- Local Store Dir - the directory to store reports on the Operating System partition that D7 is currently operating on.
- By default if an option is configured to store reports locally and no directory is specified here, the reports will be stored in \Support\Reports.
- Never add a Drive Letter in this configuration, the drive letter of the operating system partition that D7 is operating on will be automatically added by D7.
- Append \%Date% to Dir Structure - (Local dir only) This option will store reports in a dated directory structure when reports are stored locally. e.g. \Support\Reports\%date%
Configure how D7 organizes stored reports when stored within the D7 directory. NOTE: %name% is replaced with either the current computer name, or the client's name (if you have that option configured, see next option.)
- Log all Actions performed by D7 - Every action performed in or by D7 will be logged to the reports directory in a file called "Activity_Log.txt"
- Useful to for technician reference as to all work performed on the system.
- Useful to give to clients as a report of what work was performed on the system.
- The verbiage of the logged actions can be altered by editing the ActionLanguage.INI file found in the D7 directory.
- Prompt for Client Name ...
- On each new system that D7 is run on, for the first run you will be prompted for the client's name. This name would then be used as the %name% variable when storing reports within the D7 directory. When unchecked, the %name% variable will be the current %computername% variable on the system.
- This option does write the client name to a section in the registry for future usage / multiple D7 launches, so D7 knows not to prompt you for the name again on the same system. If you do not like leaving information in the registry, then do not use this feature.
Generate Reports (Maintenance tab):
- Also Automatically Generate Nirsoft Reports - This option applies to the Generate Reports feature on the Maintenance tab; when run in D7 Auto with this option enabled, it will auto generate all of the Nirsoft reports available as well as the standard D7 Info Report.