Welcome to the Embedded System Research Lab in the Electrical and Computer Engineering at Oakland University (Rochester, Michigan). The lab is engaged in research on methodologies, design, verification, and implementation of embedded systems. Our current focus is on online reconfiguration as means to fault-tolerance for real-time safety-critical distributed embedded systems. Other interests and experiences are in the areas of rapid prototyping, product development, data acquisition and control. Biomedical and autonomous aerial vehicle systems are currently our main application domains.
News and Announcements
- Oct 2015: First ever demo of a our flying+diving quadrotor (The Loon Copter) published - YouTube Link
- April 2015: Congratulations Iyad Mansour on earning your Master's Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- April 2015: Congratulations Dr. Omar Hiari on earning your PhD and good luck at Intel in AZ.
- Dec. 2014: Congratulations to Hamzeh Alzubi on receiving your MS degree in Mechatronics.Dec. 2014: Patent Issued: “A Single-Antenna Direction Finding System for Multi-rotor Platforms,” US Patent No. 8,907,846/ US20140218239.
- April 2014: Congratulations Dr. Rami AbouSeliman on earning you PhD degree.
- April 2014: Dr, Rawashdeh receives the OU SECS Excellence in Research Award.
- Aug. 2013: Dr. Rawashdeh is promoted to Associate Prof. with tenure.
- Sept. 9. 2011: Conflagrations to Dr. Belal Sababha for successfully completing his PhD.
- August 25, 2011: Prof. Rawashdeh was awarded IEEE Senior Member status.
- May 14, 2011: Our team places second overall and wins "Most Innovative Design Award" at Collegiate FIRST Robotic
s Competition in St. Louis. See News Article.
- May 3, 2011: Congratulations to Waseem and Abdullah for the Provost's Research Awards they received!
- April 13, 2011: Congratulations to Belal and Muawea on their University Research Committee (URC) travel awards!
- April 13, 2011: Dr. Rawashdeh was honored with a "Service Award" at the 2011 OU Faculty Recognition Luncheon.
- Sep 8,2010: New article accepted for publication in the AIAA Journal of Aerospace Computing, Information, and
Communication entitled "A Statistical Algorithm for Attitude Estimation
from Real-time Aerial Video."
- Aug. 2, 2010: Dr. Rawashdeh is awarded his Professional Engineer (PE) license by the State of Michigan.
- July 2010: OU, Beaumont Researchers Aim to Help Prevent Falls Among Elderly, News Article.
- June 2010: The OU Quadrotor team competed successfully at the 2010 AUVSI Unmanned Aerial Systems Competition in Maryland and received $2,700 in prize money. See YouTube video.
- May 15, 2010: Dr. Rawashdeh receives a National Science Foundation (NSF) grant for a 3 year REU site: www.secs.oakland.edu/ireece
- May 2010: The lab is geared up to compete at the Eighth Annual Student Unmanned Air Systems
(UAS) Competition to be held June 16th in Maryland.
- April 15, 2010: Belal Sababha (ECE Ph.D. Student) received the URC (University Research Committee)
Student Travel Grant Award for his proposal titled " Checkpointing in Reconfiguration-Based Fault-Tolerant Embedded Systems".
- April 15, 2010: Hong Chul Yang (ECE Master Student) receive the URC (University Research Committee) Student Travel Grant Award for his proposal titled " Rapid Prototyping of Quadrotor Controllers using MATLAB RTW and dsPICs".
- Belal Sababha (ECE Ph.D. Student) presented and received the best paper award at the International Conference on Information and Communication Systems, Amman, Jordan, Dec. 20-25, 2009.
- Dec. 2009: More Quadrotor test-flight videos