- 20 downloads per month for 12 months
- Choose from over 60,000 books, including bestsellers, magazines and
- DAISY and Braille formats that can be read with computers, assistive reading
devices, Braille printers, and MP3 players
- Victor Reader Soft (PC) and Read:OutLoud (PC and Mac) reading software that you can
install onto your home computer.
To register for LEAP and gain free access to Bookshare's catalog for one year, follow these steps:
- Go to http://ebooks.nypl.org
- Near the top of the page is a link that reads 'Accessible eBooks for the print-impaired – Click here.' Please activate this link to visit the 'Accessible eBooks' page.
- The 'Accessible eBooks' page contains a brief summary of OverDrive LEAP. Immediately following the first paragraph is a link which reads 'To sign into your library account and learn more, click here.' Please activate this link to visit the 'Login' page.
- The 'Login' page contains a form where you are prompted to enter your Library Card Number. Please enter and submit your Library Card Number to continue.
- Once your Library Card Number has been authenticated, you will be redirected to a new page at Bookshare.org. Please click the 'SIGN UP TODAY!' link at the bottom of this page to begin registering for a LEAP Membership.
- You should have now arrived at the 'Sign Up' page at Bookshare. Please follow the prompts and instructions that follow in order to complete the registration process for LEAP Membership.
- Once your registration information has been submitted you will receive further instructions via email from Bookshare on how to continue.