You will need:
a library card
and PIN, a Windows Phone 7, and an Adobe ID.
File types: EPUB, Kindle with Kindle app
Checking out ebooks
- Make sure you have a current library card.
- Download the Windows Phone 7 software and install.
- Authorize your device. You will need to enter your existing Adobe ID or create one if you don't have one.
- Go to ebooks.nypl.org
for books marked as EPUB.
- Once you find a title you wish to download, click Add to eList on
the right side of the entry. You have 30 minutes to complete your
checkout before the eBook is returned to the library’s collection.
- If you see an item where this is not an option, click Request Item to be placed in the hold queue.
- Click Proceed to Checkout. Enter your library card number and PIN.
- You can adjust the lending period to 7, 14, or 21 days. You may check
out up to 12 eBooks at one time. After choosing your lending period,
click Confirm Checkout, and then click Download on the next page.
- OverDrive Media Console for Windows Phone 7 opens.
The title is displayed in the 'Library'.
- The title begins downloading.
- Open OverDrive Media Console for Windows Phone 7.
- From the 'Library' screen, select a title.
- The title opens.
- On the Library screen, swipe across the eBook you want to delete.
- Tap Delete to display the return options.
- Tap Return and Delete.