You will need:
a library card
and PIN, a BlackBerry (BlackBerry v4.7 or newer for touch screen; BlackBerry v4.5 or newer for non-touch screen) with SD card installed, and an Adobe ID.
File types: EPUB, Kindle with Kindle app, MP3
- The version of OverDrive Media Console for BlackBerry that you should install depends on the type of device that you have.
The license agreement is displayed.
- To continue, select 'I Agree'.
The JAD installation file is downloaded, and the 'Downloads' screen is displayed.
- Click the JAD installation file.
- When installation is complete, reboot your device.
- Authorize your device. You will need to enter your existing Adobe ID or create one if you don't have one.
Note: To install the software from a computer, follow these instructions.
Checking out ebooks
- Go to ebooks.nypl.org
for books marked as EPUB.
- Once you find a title you wish to download, click Add to eList on
the right side of the entry. You have 30 minutes to complete your
checkout before the eBook is returned to the library’s collection.
- If you see an item where this is not an option, click Request Item to be placed in the hold queue.
- Click Proceed to Checkout. Enter your library card number and PIN.
- You can adjust the lending period to 7, 14, or 21 days. You may check
out up to 12 eBooks at one time. After choosing your lending period,
click Confirm Checkout, and then click Download on the next page.
- OverDrive Media Console for BlackBerry opens.
The title is displayed in the 'Library'.
- The title begins downloading.
- Open OverDrive Media Console for BlackBerry.
- From the 'Library' screen, select a title.
- The title opens.
Books will expire when the lending period is over and you won't be able to access them any longer.
- Select the eBook you want to delete.
- Select Menu > Delete to display the return options.
- Select 'Return and Delete'.
- The title is returned and deleted.