Join other youth from around Oregon and start creating YOUR VISION of a better community at Camp Odyssey, a FREE TEEN SUMMER CAMP. Experience 7 days of fun, excitement, challenges and new friends, trust building, workshops and honest dialogue, providing
you with the skills and resources needed to bridge differences!
What: FREE TEEN SUMMER CAMP
When: June 23-29, 2013
Where: 4H Center, Salem, OR
Who: Oregon Youth ages 14-18
How: Contact Linh Ngo
CAMP ODYSSEY REUNION is coming!!!!!
Saturday, January 12 - Sunday 13, 2013
Starting Time: Saturday 11:00am-11:30am
Ending Time: Sunday 11:00am
@ Canyonview in Silverton, OR (between Eugene and Portland)
All YLs and staff from summer 2012 camp - you are officially invited to the XIV 2012 All Camp Reunion!
Woot! It's time to come together to enjoy each other, remember the good ol' times and talk about what's to come! You should have received details from the email we sent you. If not, contact email@example.com. Can't wait to see you all!
REUNION PERMISSION SLIP attached in this post.
Hey Odyssey youth, staff and friends: COME TRICK OR VOTE with Karen on Oct. 31st : )
Meet at Bossa Nova Ballroom between 5-5:30pm. We will get a little training, and then go TRICK OR TREATING while helping folks fill out voting cards!
download the report from below!
Hey 18 Odyssey youth and adults came out to support our community at the AIDS walk this September, 2013. As one youth put it, it felt like home seeing all the support.
JOIN THE CAMP ODYSSEY TEAM!
Hi Camp Odyssey Campers and Friends,
This is Willie from Camp Odyssey and I am e-mailing to remind you that you are invited to join the Camp Odyssey team for AIDS Walk Portland on Sunday September 23rd. Camp Odyssey is participating in AIDS Walk for the second year in a row to give our support to our community and we would love to have you walk with us! We are meeting in Pioneer Square (Portland) by the statue of the Umbrella Man at 9:00 a.m. Sunday morning and the event should be over around noon.
There is a Tri-met max stop at Pioneer Square and we are encouraging folks to take public transportation to AIDS Walk. Please find the required permission slip under the Odyssey Program Tools and Forms section -- if you are under 18 years of age, in order to participate you need to send it back to us via email to Jessica or Nia (listed below) OR fax by Friday Sept 20th OR bring it with you to AIDS Walk with your parent or guardian's signature.
Address to send permission slip to: Camp Odyssey, 707 NE Couch St, Portland OR, 97232
Fax permission slip to : Attn: Camp Odyssey, 503.233.6093 (fax at Janus Youth Programs)
Please coordinate your attendance with the following team Captains:
Captain Sam Perl, Camper at Camp XIII, Youth Leader Camp XIV, firstname.lastname@example.org
, Sam prefers contact by email!!!
If you get a call from folks over the coming days, please let them know what your plan is, and come help Camp Odyssey support the Cascade AIDS Project on Sept 23rd!!! Please direct all remaining questions to the three Captains and they will follow up with you.
Co-Chair, The Piece
Camp Odyssey Senior Staff
This was a youth-led initiative to support Camp Odyssey and Oregon youth. A big shout out and congrats to Maayan who spearheaded the grant proposal. And another shout out to Maayan's awesome mom, Sami, who supported Maayan. Thanks also to the fundraising team Doug and Hillary for supporting Maayan. Hugs all around....Woo hoo!
Missing your Odyssey community? Need community service/internship hours? Here's what we're cooking up this fall. Reply to email@example.com with questions and interest.
- Cascade AIDS Project Annual Walk -- happening Saturday, September 23 in Portland! A great cause and a lot of fun. Join our team.
- United Way of the Columbia Willamette (UW-CW) has offered to co-sponsor an event this spring with us -- got an idea for a great project? The world is your oyster and United Way wants to help. Reply to this email for details.
- Scheduled monthly meetings held regionally as a chance to connect, just hang out and/or get support for what you want to do to change your community.
- All-camp reunion over-nighter coming up this winter (likely in January)...stay tuned for details.
- Internship opportunities abound -- Maria Rubio, UW-CW Director of Inclusion and Strategic Development, has offered Camp Odyssey representatives to join her at the Fall meeting (early September) of the Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee to introduce our program and to talk about the above opportunity
- Camp Odyssey Youth Board -- we need 10-15 representatives to participate in our monthly meetings (in phone or in person) and to make Camp Odyssey more youth-led than ever. Contact me for details about this.
- Oregon Mentors Scholarship Awards & Recognition Banquet, mid September deadline and event October 3rd for a youth to apply and win a $1500 scholarship.
- Oregon Mentors May 2013 Conference for statewide mentors where we can do a presentation/workshop.
There are many more opportunities that are not on this list. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Check out Sam's inspirational story:
This June, Odyssey helped
release 41 more youth into
the world with knowledge
and tools to make our
communities a better place to be
in, helping to eliminate oppression
and exclusion. Camp Odyssey
2012 was a complete success
and our hearts are full to know
we are carrying forward our
mission for Oregon!!