Official Notifications


Dear Parents/Guardians of Students in Title I Schools:
    As a parent/guardian of a student at a Title I designated school, you may request information regarding the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child.  Federal law allows you to make a request for certain information about your child’s classroom teachers, and requires the district to give you this information in a timely manner if you request it.  Specifically, you may request the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:

·      Whether the Nevada Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches;

·      Whether the Nevada Department of Education has determined that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being fully licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances;

·      The teacher’s college major, whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees;

·      Whether any teachers’ aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child, and, if they do, their qualifications.


The classroom teachers' teaching licenses may be viewed online at If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school.