Follow the directions below...
1. Get to know you activity
1. What motivates you to work hard in school?
2. What motivates you to work hard in your favorite activity (i.e. sports, dancing, acting etc)?
3. What class in school are you most motivated to do well in? And why?
4. How often do you try your absolute best in school? (100% of the time? 50% of the time? 25% of the time? None of the time?)
5. Describe why you try as hard as you do.
6. What stops you from trying as hard as you can?
7. Do you think it is important to try as hard as you can in school? Why or why not?
8. What do you think motivates other students in school?
9. What do you think motivates people in their jobs?
10. What would motivate you to do well in 7th grade social studies?
11. Explain what the quote “to learn is an action that requires effort” means to you? Describe in detail
12. Do you believe that you can learn anything? Why or why not?
13. Do you believe you can improve as a student every year?
14. What do you want me to know as your teacher as we start the year?
15. What suggestions would you have for me to help motivate YOU in my class?