Welcome to Thurlton Primary School and thank you so much for your interest in our school.
As a team we constantly strive to achieve the very best for you and your child to create successful and happy children. Education is a partnership between home and school and we place a great deal of emphasis on our relationship with parents. We believe that children learn best when home and school work together for their benefit.
Thurlton Primary mission statement
We strive to enable all the children to reach their full potential in all areas of learning.We do this in an atmosphere of mutual respect, kindness and understanding of each others differencesin a challenging, stimulating and safe environment.
The staff of Thurlton Primary School work together to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all the children who attend the school, always taking into account a child's individual needs and levels of development to ensure that each child achieves at the highest level of attainment for him/herself.
- To acquire knowledge and skills and the desire to use them
- To develop his/her imagination, feelings, mind and body
- To acquire an aesthetic appreciation in art, music, literature and the natural world
- To acquire a moral sense, expressed in a set of values and attitudes.
- To prepare for adult life as citizens in an increasingly complicated world and be able to make a positive contribution
- To learn to respect him/herself and those around him/her; to be an independent, self-motivated and socially co-operative person.
Thurlton Primary School has four classes all of which are mixed age. All classrooms are large, modern and very well resourced. There are large grounds that are used for general play, PE and other outdoor learning activities.