GUIDELINES FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
Nansemond-Suffolk Academy welcomes applications from international students. Consistent with the mission of the school, we seek to enroll students who can benefit from our program and contribute to the school community. Each year, we enroll students from a diverse range of countries.
The admissions process for international students is consistent with the process for domestic students, which includes the submission of proper documentation relevant to health and immunization records. The Admissions Committee, in addition to core academic performance, considers proven English proficiency, extracurricular involvement and personal interests.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to to apply through an organization recognized by the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET). In the past, Nansemond-Suffolk has worked closely with YFU (Youth for Understanding) and Nacel Open Door.
Admissions Process for International Applicants
1. Contact a placement organization. (www.csiet.org)
2. Submit the Nansemond-Suffolk Academy application. Please return directly to the Office of Admissions at NSA with the $50.00 application fee.
3. Submit test scores. Applicants are asked to submit either SLEP or TOEFL scores. Often, the placement organization requires this as well.
Once all required documentation has been submitted by both the placement organization and the applicant, the Admissions Committee will review the file and offer an admissions decision.
Upon acceptance to Nansemond-Suffolk Academy, please complete the following:
1. Submit the Enrollment Contract and Deposit.
2. Obtain the student Visa. If necessary, Nansemond-Suffolk will mail an I-20.