The school nurse's office provides a variety of services promoting student health and educational success.
- A cumulative health record and immunization record is maintained for all children.
- Screenings of hearing, vision , scoliosis are done yearly on selected grades.
- Illness and injury assessment with first aid as needed.
- Medication administration.
- Providing ongoing support of children with acute of chronic health conditions, creation of Individual Health Care Plans and participation in 504 and IEP teams.
- Health and wellness education for staff and students.
- Medical support for children and families.
- Collaboration with local, regional and statewide healthcare agencies.
- Collaboration with School Based Dental Health Program.
- Referrals for medical and dental care as needed.
- Member of the Emergency Management Committee and Wellness Policy Committee
- Staff Wellness Committee
- Staff training in CPR and First Aid and student health.