SPECIAL RULES, CIRCUMSTANCES, AND CONSIDERATIONS:
- Character and Citizenship will be evaluated in selection of participants.
- T-shirt Incentives: Students obtaining: (limited to only one shirt/student)
- $20.00 in non-major sponsor donations will receive a white short-sleeved T-shirt.
- $40.00 in non-major donations will receive a white long-sleeved T-shirt.
- $75.00 in a major sponsor donation will receive a short-sleeved T-shirt
- $90.00 (one major sponsor plus $15.00 in non-major sponsor donations will receive a white long-sleeved T-shirt.
- Runners – Those
students selected as a runner will receive a colored long sleeve
T-shirt and a pair of shorts, but will not receive one of the above
Fill out a T-shirt form if you reach the $20.00, $40.00, $75.00 or $90.00 level –
Remember, you can receive only ONE t-shirt – regardless of money raised
- Businesses contributing a minimum of $75.00 will get their name printed on the T-shirts.
**** Be sure a “Major Sponsor Information Sheet” is filled out for each organization. ****
- The 8 students who raise the most money (minimal of $300) from now until 3:30 PM on Tuesday, April 24, 2012,
will be honored as our official “Special Runners for Special People”,
and will receive their “official” runner T-shirts and shorts and will
make the run to Ames. (Depending on the circumstances, it is possible
that additional runners may be selected.)
- LATE MONEY WILL NOT count towards individual total to be considered to run.
participating in this project is encouraged to train on his/her own in
preparation for this run. Each participant will be expected to run a
total of 12-15 miles. (2 mile runs at a time).
runners will obtain parental permission prior to the event. This run
will be an approved absence for Wednesday and Thursday. All academic
work must be made up prior to run.
runners will be escorted by two school vans and a County Sheriff (if
available) through each county via the safest route possible.