The Instrumental Music Program at North Scott High School serves many purposes. First and foremost, it is structured in a manner that will provide and facilitate a well-rounded learning environment for students that generates a genuine understanding and appreciation for music and the fine arts. Through this approach, students are exposed to many learning concepts in the classroom, and then are given the opportunity to apply those concepts through performance.
Students enrolled in the Band Program are expected to:
1) Prepare for and attend all rehearsals and required performances on time
2) Prepare for and attend 5 lessons per quarter (nine weeks)
3) Complete 1 or 2 computer assignments per quarter, as assigned. Click here for detailed info
4) Contribute to the success of the program by demonstrating the proper work ethic and behavior in all rehearsals and performances
5) Represent themselves and the school appropriately during all trips and traveling performances
6) Have fun learning music!!