SERV (Student Effort to Rejuvenate Volunteering) is a Northwestern Law student organization committed to giving back to the community. We offer students opportunities to broaden their perspectives and to interact with colleagues and members of the community at large in a positive way.
Our major programs include:
- Weekly tutoring during the academic year through Chicago Youth Programs
- Weekly child literacy mentoring at Talcott Fine Arts and Museum Academy
- Alternative Spring Break (recent trips have offered assistance to Hurricane Katrina victims)
- Document translation and citizenship preparedness projects
- Collaborations with the ACLU and Ladder Up tax assistance program
- Homeless Outreach
- Various community volunteer projects through SERV Saturday events
SERV events are open to all members of the Northwestern Law community, and we welcome ideas and suggestions.