Laney HOSA had a blast last Thursday and Friday at the 41st annual State HOSA Conference at Greensboro. All of the students represented Laney so so well!! Congratulations to the following 4 students who advanced to Nationals!! We are Disney bound towards the end of June!!
- Alexis Conjura placed 3rd in Extemporaneous Health Poster
- Emma Pleasants, Jack Golder, and Kenleigh Golder placed 2nd in Health Education
The following students made it up on stage in the top 10!! We are so proud of them!!!
- Brandon King - Medical Math
- Marianne Congema, Alanne Francis, and Kristina Fickin - Health Education
- Siobhan O'Leary - Extemporaneous Health Poster
Laney HOSA was recognized by the American Red Cross for best overall participation for saving lives in our community!! Yea April Ward and HS2!!!
Laney HOSA won the Century Club award for the largest chapter membership against all of the other NC 4A schools!!
Laney HOSA won a Gold Star Chapter ribbon!!
A few words from Mrs. Sonya Thigpen...
- A special thank you to Mrs. King (PTA president and Brandon's mom) for the very generous donations of snacks and water for the trip.
- Also a special thank you to Teresa Parker (CTE Department head) for the thoughtful snack bags she made for each student and the water donation!!
- A very special thank you to Angela Mood for always helping get checks and money needed for the trip!!
- A very special thank you to Mrs. Bertha Williams who ALWAYS fills in for me when I'm gone!! She is truly my "mini me"
- Last but certainly not least a very special thank you to April Ward!!! We make a pretty awesome team and I could not survive without her!!!
- I am so so proud of all of these awesome students and I know for certain that the future of Health care is going to be in very good hands!!!