WELCOME TO THE NEVADA R-V SCHOOL DISTRICT!
At Nevada R-V...
1. We believe in the value of human dignity.
2. We believe that each individual has the right to feel and be valued, involved, and safe in his or her environment.
3. We believe that all individuals must take personal and social responsibility within their community.
4. We believe that learning is a life-long endeavor, enhanced by a diversity of experiences.
5. We believe that when individuals are held to higher expectations they will produce greater results.
6. We believe that strong schools are crucial to community development and growth, and that community support is vital to developing strong schools.
7. We believe that effective education promotes critical and creative thinking, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
8. We believe that effort and a positive attitude are keys to an individual's success.
9. We believe that family, community, and school are vital in the development of an individual.
Nevada R-V Mission Statement:
The mission of the Nevada R-V School District, a district that inspires innovative and educational excellence, is to develop well-equipped life-long learners who are productive in a changing global society through diverse educational experiences, best instructional practices, and innovative technology, as well as utilizing the resources of our community.
Our last day now is May 30.
Parents AND Students,
Please NOMINATE YOUR OUTSTANDING TEACHERS for the Joplin Globe's new HOOT (Honoring Our Outstanding Teachers) program.
To nominate a teacher:
Submit the teacher's name, school, grade or subject taught, why the teacher is outstanding, your name, how you know the teacher, and your phone number.
Mail nominations to:
The Joplin Globe
P.O. Box 7
Joplin, MO 64802
ATTN: Educational Services
or email nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Character word for the month is COOPERATION
--the process of groups working or acting together for their common/mutual benefit, as opposed to working in competition for selfish benefit
"Year of the Vernon County Youth:
Working Together to Build Character"