WELCOME TO THE NEVADA R-V SCHOOL DISTRICT!
At Nevada R-V...
1. We believe in the value of human dignity.
2. We believe that each individual has the right to feel and be valued, involved, and safe in his or her environment.
3. We believe that all individuals must take personal and social responsibility within their community.
4. We believe that learning is a life-long endeavor, enhanced by a diversity of experiences.
5. We believe that when individuals are held to higher expectations they will produce greater results.
6. We believe that strong schools are crucial to community development and growth, and that community support is vital to developing strong schools.
7. We believe that effective education promotes critical and creative thinking, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
8. We believe that effort and a positive attitude are keys to an individual's success.
9. We believe that family, community, and school are vital in the development of an individual.
Nevada R-V Mission Statement:
The mission of the Nevada R-V School District, a district that inspires innovative and educational excellence, is to develop well-equipped life-long learners who are productive in a changing global society through diverse educational experiences, best instructional practices, and innovative technology, as well as utilizing the resources of our community.
"Year of the Vernon County Youth:
Working Together to Build Character"
* Elementary Teachers (currently have openings in second grade and fourth grade)
* Elementary Physical Education
* Middle School Technology Teacher
* High School Language Arts Teacher
* High School Math
* High School Head Girls Basketball Coach
* Coaching opportunities are available in numerous sports including football, cheerleading, baseball and volleyball.
Nevada R-5 School District is accepting
applications for substitute bus drivers. Please contact Dean Walker, Director of Transportation, at 417-448-2096 if interested.
Character word for the month is COMMITMENT
--a promise to do or give something; a promise to be loyal to someone or something; the attitude of someone who works very hard to do or support something