Life Science Syllabus
Text: Prentice Hall Science Explorer
Information we will cover:
Unit Virginia SOL
Science Process Skills LS.1
- Lab Safety
- Investigation Skills
- Nature of Science
Relationships in Ecosystems LS. 6-11
- Energy Flow
- Adaptation and Change
Conservation of Resources LS.11
- Cells and Organelles
- Cell Theory
- Cellular Organization
Heredity and Genetics LS.12
- DNA, Inheritance
Biologic Evolution LS.13
- Natural Selection
Basic Needs and Life Processes LS.3,5, 6
- Osmosis, Diffusion, & Active Transport
- Photosynthesis and Respiration
Classification and Organisms LS.4, 5
- Animals, Plants
Homework is a very important part of science class and all classes. All assignments are to be turned in on the due date. Late work will result in point deductions.
Homework, Classwork, and Quizzes count as 66.5% of the six weeks grade. Tests count as 33.5% of the six weeks grade.
Late Work Penalties: 1 Class Late = -15 points 2 Classes Late = zero
A+ = 99-100 A = 95-98 A- = 93-94
B+ = 91-92 B = 87-90 B- = 85-86
C+ = 83-84 C = 79-82 C- = 77-78
D+ = 75-76 D = 71-74 D- = 69-70
F+ = 65-68 F = 60-64 F- = BELOW 60
Cheating/Plagiarizing: Cheating and plagiarizing will not be tolerated! If a student is caught cheating or plagiarizing (including any talking during a test or quiz), he or she will receive a zero on that test, quiz, or assignment.
It is the student’s responsibility to get missed notes/handouts/work in the event of an absence.
Please use the following as a helpful guide:
- Check the designated missing assignments location for missed work.
- Ask a friend for missed notes.
- Check with the teacher if you have any problems or questions!
- You have one week to make up missed tests or quizzes.
- You have one day for every day absent to make up other missed work.
- Check the website for assignments, too!