Mission and Vision
Fine and Performing Art - Needham Public Schools
Performing, Presenting, and Producing
- Select, analyze, and interpret artistic work for presentation.
- Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
- Taking risks.
- Expressing Personal Feelings and Emotions.
- Perceive and analyze artistic work.
- Interpret intent and meaning in artistic work.
- Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- Listening and seeing critically and discriminating qualitatively.
- Understanding how the arts evoke feelings, meanings, and images.
- Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding.
- Recognizing and appreciating a wide variety of styles and genres.