Consumer Financial Protection Bureau -
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is recruiting this fall for the Director’s Financial Analyst position, and we want to encourage Economics students to apply.
This unique, two-year rotational fellowship, which will begin during the summer of 2017, sits at the intersection of the federal government and the financial services industry. The fellowship is a full-time position located at the CFPB’s headquarters in Washington, D.C, where Analysts are afforded the opportunity to:
Previous Director’s Financial Analysts have used the program as a springboard to further their careers. Some graduates of the program have moved on to:
I hope you will take time to pass this message along. Students can apply for the program here between September 16 and September 20. A second window will be open from . Additionally, students should drop their resume under our posting on your school’s career page in order to be notified of the application opening.
Please encourage any interested students to reach out to me with any questions about the position and application process at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Analysis Group -
Kabouter Management -
Research Associate Position
International Equities Investment Management Firm in Chicago
A boutique international equities investment manager is recruiting a Research Associate to join its team in downtown Chicago. The Research Associate is responsible for supporting the investment team in a variety of tasks including but not limited to channel checking, distilling findings from a variety of sources and presenting it in a way that is consumable to the investment team, providing support to portfolio analysis and reporting, and performing administrative duties. The Research Associate position is expected to last for two years, It is intended for people recently graduated, as an in-between job after college and before grad school. An international background is important.
· Analyze new ideas assigned by research team by conducting fundamental research
· Conduct channel checking for existing and prospective portfolio companies
· Draw thoughtful conclusions from a cacophony of data by sorting through brokerage reports and all other publicly available information; convey findings in polished, written products
· Update and maintain portfolio stock information on a daily basis
· Any additional projects requested by research team
· Bachelors or advanced degree
· International work or life experience, and global orientation
· Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
· Initiative, flexibility and creativity
· Client service mindset
· Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities
Not required but appreciated:
· Advanced skills in Excel
· Knowledge of Bloomberg, Capital IQ
· Knowledge of multiple languages a plus (proficiency in Japanese a huge plus)
· Investment advisory or management experience a plus
Interested candidates please send resume, cover letter and transcript to email@example.com.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Kabouter Management LLC participates in E-Verify.
Student Worker Positions Open in Econ Dept.
The Economics Department is seeking two student assistants to work during the 2016-2017 academic year.
Duties include distributing mail, posting notices on bulletin boards across campus, photo copy services, proofreading, errands and delivery across campus, web search and other information gathering for department reports.
Positions available: 2
Qualifications: Must be in good academic standing with at least a 3.0 GPA
Hours per week: 10
Hourly rate: $7.92
Supervisor name and contact information
923 Flanner Hall