* Promoting positive attitudes among students toward self, family, peers and community.
* Developing and delivering classroom guidance lessons that teach skills such as healthy decision-making, resolving conflicts and respecting others.
* Working collaboratively with students, parents, teachers and administrators to identify and remove barriers to learning.
* Helping students to recognize and make the best of their abilities.
* Supporting students by teaching skills for achieving success.
School Counselors help all children grow and develop.
OhioPIRC: Parent Information and Resource Center: The OhioPIRC strives to strengthen parents' abilities to participate in and advocate for their child's education. By providing vital information and resources to support parent involvement, educational success, family advocacy and community collaboration, the organization links services to parents, educators and organizations serving families throughout Ohio.