UP’s Core Values
1. Be the best person you can be.
2. When responding to any adult, you must respond respectfully.
3. Use your Bully Proofing strategies to handle conflicts.
4. Always say thank you when someone gives you something.
5. Make eye contact or acknowledge you are listening when someone is speaking. Keep your eyes/attention on the person at all times. If someone makes a comment, turn and face that person.
6. If someone in the class wins a game or does something well, we will congratulate that person appropriately.
7. At times throughout the year, rewards will be given for good behavior, academic performances and other acts worthy of praise. If you ever ask for the reward, however, it will not be given.
8. While you are with any adult, you will obey the same rules that you follow when your teacher is present.
9. We will follow classroom protocols, do what is asked of us, and will be organized, efficient, and on task.
10. We are a family, and we must treat one another with respect and kindness. Include everyone. If someone wants to sit down, let him or her.
11. If a teacher or other adult in the school is speaking to or disciplining a student, look away and give them privacy.
12. We will clean up after ourselves. It is important to be responsible no matter where you are. For example, I will clean up after I eat and I will hang my coat on the hook.
13. Accept that you are going to make mistakes. Learn from them and move on.
14. Always be honest. Even if you have done something wrong, it is best to admit it.
15. “Carpe Diem”. Seize the Day. You only live today once, so don’t waste it.