Meet the Counselors
Counselor for students whose last names start with A-L:
Toni Siddon, ext. 214

Counselor for students whose last names start with M-Z:
Sabrina Pribek-Britton,  ext. 215

Guidance Secretary: Jodi Fox, Ext. 218


Seniors please view the power point above to learn important dates and deadlines for this school year! 

Juniors please view the power point above to learn important dates and deadlines for this school year! 

College Visits to M-W

Juniors and Seniors we have colleges coming to the Madrid-Waddington Guidance Office.  These visits are a great opportunity for you to get more information about a college that you may be interested in.  Not sure what questions to ask, click on questions for college representatives for some conversation starters!  Please come to the Guidance Office to sign up.  
September 22-11:30 Clarkson
October 4-Noon Keuka College
October 18-12:30 SUNY Canton
October 27-10:30 SUNY Plattsburgh
October 30-7:50 SUNY Potsdam
October 31-9:15 Alfred State
November 14-11:15-St. Bonaventure
November 17th-SUNY Brockport


A six-week SAT Prep Course will be offered at Clarkson University beginning September 23, 2017.  The SAT Prep Course consists of six sessions that focus on evidence-based reading, writing and math. During the first session, students take a pretest and test-taking strategies are discussed. Subsequent sessions focus on each of the individual content areas. During the last session, a full-length practice SAT is given. Test scores are given to students along with the correct answers in order to help better prepare them for the actual test.

 September 23 - October 21, Saturdays, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m

Practice SAT - October 28, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.

Clarkson University, BH Snell 175
$139 self-pay (includes book and materials)

The registration deadline is Tuesday, September 19th. For more information, you may contact Kim Jukic in Test Preparation at Clarkson University at 268-3998 or e-mail You may also visit us at

5-HOUR Pre-Licensing Class
Located at the Massena Public Library from 11:30-5:00 on the dates listed October 21, 2017
November 18, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 20, 2018
For more information and to register call 315-353-6693.

Safe Sitter Class

Claxton-Hepburn is hosting a Safe Sitter babysitting course on Monday October 9th from 8:30 am-3:00 pm for students in grades 6-8.  There is a fee of $32 for this course.  The deadline is October 2nd.

Seniors click on Guidance Direct to explore your interests, careers, college options, scholarships and revise and update your resume.  Don't remember your user name and password come to the Guidance Office.  

GPS for success is a new website that students can use to learn more about career opportunities, income potential and education/training requirements in 16 different career clusters.  This website can support students career exploration options to become better prepared for college and or a vocational career.     

SUNY Smart Track

SUNY Smart Track is a tool developed by the SUNY system to provide a clear and understandable information to students and their families about the cost of attending SUNY.  The tools on this website are designed to help you and your family to make the best decision in college financing.

 TESTING Information
The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB ) is offered once a year at Madrid-Waddington for juniors .  The test is October 5th, 2017.  Sign up in the Guidance Office.  This test is used as a career exploration program.  

The PSAT/NMSQT is a 
practice SAT.  It is typically taken junior year.  We offer it on October 25th this year.  College bound students are encouraged to take this exam to get more familiar with the actual SAT.  You need to sign up and pay for the exam through the Guidance Office.    

The SAT and ACT are college entrance exams typically taken in the spring of your junior year and/or fall of your senior year.  Some colleges require either SAT or ACT scores.  It is important to check with each college you are thinking about applying to see what their requirements are.  Please let us know if the test fee is a concern.  Taking the SAT and need some test prep?  Khan Academy is the College Board approved and FREE test prep help.  ( If you have any questions please come and see us!

Upcoming SAT Exams
November 4, 2017-registration deadline is October 5, 2017
December 2, 2017-registration deadline is November 2, 2017
March 10, 2018-registration deadline is February 9, 2018
May 5, 2018-registration deadline is April 6, 2018
June 2, 2018-registration deadline is May 3, 2018


Upcoming ACT Exams
October 28, 2017-registration deadline September 22,2017
December 9, 2017-registration deadline November 3, 2017
April 14, 2018-registration deadline March 9, 2018
June 9, 2018-registration deadline May 4, 2018


CEEB Code used for financial aid or for use on college applications:

Stop in or call the guidance office today 315-322-5746 ext 218