Aloha, each student was offered two $3 tickets to the festival. We are kindly asking them to sell these tickets. It is not mandatory! If they are not going to sell the tickets please make sure they return it to the green box with their names written on the back of each ticket by today. All ticket sale proceeds will go directly to the band to help pay for the festival participation fees. Tickets not returned by 4/11/15 will become a school obligation.
Advanced Band students are to arrive at the band room by 11:00 am for a dress rehearsal. We will feed them pizza at 1:00pm. Busses leave at 1:45 pm. We should arrive back at the school by 7:00pm. They will be allowed to visit the concession, bring money.
The Advanced Band will perform at 2:45pm, I would arrive at Ewa Maki middle school (91-6291 Kapolei Pkwy, Ewa Beach, HI 96706) by 2:30pm to ensure you do not miss it.
Concert attire- Advanced Band Yellow Polo, white shoes and socks.
We all made it safe, no air sickness, no one got lost!
How to register for “Concert Band”
1. A parent must call the registrar. Call 808-305-3000 and ask for the Registrars office.
2. Tell Mrs. Cabalce that you would like to change your registration to add Advanced Band FMB2000A.
3. She will ask you what elective you would like to replace with band. Please tell her what class you would like to replace.
4. If you are taking summer school please let her know what you will be taking so that she can add the band class to your schedule.
5. Please call Mr. Kinoshita to inform him of schedule change. This will insure that your child will have an instrument and locker ready when they come to the high school. Please call me at 202-630-6572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Go to www.leilehuaband.org and click on the “2015 Band Registration” button and fill out the form completely.
Note: In general the best thing for incoming 9th graders is to take Health and PE during summer school. They will then have 2 electives during their 9th grade year. Most students take foreign language and band. As I told the students, give it a try. If they don’t like it they can register for a different class the next year.
We need to take pictures for yearbook.
Beginning will take pictures during class this Friday, March 6. Beginning Band-White collared shirt, long black pants and dark shoes.
Advanced Band will take pictures during period 7 assessment Tuesday, March 10. Wear your yellow polo, white shoes and long pants.
Symphonic and Wind will take pictures Afterschool Monday, March 9, 12:00pm. Green blazer, white collared shirt or turtleneck, long white pants and shoes.