The School Garden Competition aims to increase the awareness of children about where their food
comes from. This is a great opportunity for primary school students to learn and
apply gardening skills in a fun, competitive environment. Schools across County Cork will have the
opportunity to participate.
- The Muintir na Tire schools Garden competition is organised by Cork County Federation Muintir na Tire in conjunction with Cork County Council and Griffin's Garden Centre.
- The competition is open for entries from primary schools in Cork County Council administrative area .(Ireland)
- Entries will be accepted via the online application form. Entry to the competition is free of charge.
- Cork County Federation Muintir na Tire and our partners will not be responsible for lost or late entries or attempted entries or for internet, computer hardware and software, and/or any other technical errors, or delays that may prevent entry to the competition before the stated deadline. It is the responsibility of the entrant to submit the Entry form and PowerPoint presentation in time and in compliance with the rules of the competition.
- Entrants agree that Cork County Federation Muintir na Tire and our partners will not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the competition or subsequent acceptance or prize(s).
- Entrants agree that Cork County Federation Muintir na Tire and our partners will not be liable in any way for any false claims, inaccuracies, copyrighted or illegal content contained in your PowerPoint or in associated information links or external websites.
- The competition runs from January to June each Year and the deadline for submission of PowerPoint Presentations is as per website in any year.
- PowerPoint entries produced in either the English or Irish language will be accepted and all Gardens will be considered equally.
- PowerPoint presentations should be no more than 10 slides..
- Winning entries will be announced during the awards Ceremony in Late June each year.
- The judges decision is final in all matters.
- Prizewinners agree to participate in such reasonable publicity as may be requested by Cork County Federation Muintir na Tire and our partners.
- PowerPoint content should be original and copyrighted material (such as video clips (e.g. TV, movies, online videos), sound recordings, musical compositions etc.) must not be used in the video entries.
- It is the responsibility of the school to obtain all necessary permissions and releases from all persons (including parental consent from the parent/guardian of any children) appearing in the PowerPoint or any associated photos/still images, ensuring they are fully aware of the nature of the competition and subsequent use and display (including online) of the video entries by Cork County Federation Muintir na Tire our partners and potentially the media and general public (e.g. sharing the YouTube video links via Twitter, Facebook etc.).
- By submitting your PowerPoint into this competition, you hereby grant to Cork County Federation Muintir na Tire partners, the royalty-free nonexclusive right to publish, broadcast, transmit and distribute content of the PowerPoint, and/or elements embodied within the PowerPoint , in whole or in part.
- Cork County Federation Muintir na Tire reserves the right to modify or vary the terms and conditions at any time.
- By submitting your Entry Form you agree to the above terms and conditions.