Tenth Street Middle School is an option school that believes if we:
- Consistently teach high academic and behavior expectations
- Hold students accountable
- Build and maintain strong relationships with students and families within our community
- Use effective instructional practices
- Focus on thinking and learning
- Daily integrate Art and Music
Then we are building well rounded life-long learners who will succeed beyond Middle School!
Students that thrive in our school:
- Want to be in Band and Art
- Are able to work independently
- Ask Questions and learn to advocate for themselves
- Are willing to take responsibility for their education by being organized, meeting deadlines, and coming prepared to classes
We understand the transition from elementary into a middle school can sometimes be tougher on the parents, than their students. To help ease the process, we offer Parent 101 classes that will explain the systems of our school and the new supportive role they have as a parent of a responsible middle-schooler.
Every student has a time in the day when they are at their optimal learning level. Some kids are morning learners and some are better after lunch. To ensure the students experience each class during that time, we employ a rotating schedule. Every three weeks (or so) we'll rotate the schedule. Below are the three different schedules we employ throughout the school year.