Dr. Sajal Das
Department Chair & St. Clair Endowed Chair
325B Computer Science Bldg.
Missouri University of Science and
Rolla, MO 65409
Areas of Interest
Wireless and Sensor Networks, Cyber-Physical Systems, Mobile and Pervasive
Computing, Smart Environments and Healthcare, Energy and Sustainability,
Security and Privacy, Social Networks, Systems Biology, Distributed, Grid and
Cloud Computing, Middleware Services, Applied Graph Theory and Game Theory.
- V. Gardellin, S. K. Das, and L. Lenzini, “Self-Coexistence in Cellular Cognitive Radio Networks based on the IEEE 802.22 Standard,” IEEE Wireless Communications (special issue on Cognitive Cellular Radios), Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 52-59, Apr. 2013.
- Y. Xu, F. Ren, T. He, C. Lin, C. Chen, and S. K. Das, “Real-time Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Potential Field Approach,” ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 35, May 2013.
- G. Ghidini and S. K. Das, “Energy-efficient Markov Chain-based Duty Cycling Schemes for Greener Wireless Sensor Networks,” ACM Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems (special issue on Green Computing), Vol. 8, No. 4, Dec 2012.
- Y. Sun, H. Luo, and S. K. Das, “A Trust-based Framework for Fault-tolerant Data Aggregation in Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 785-797, Nov-Dec 2012.
- S. Roy, M. Xue, and S. K. Das, “Security and Discoverability of Spread Dynamics in Cyber-Physical Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (special issue on Cyber-Physical Systems), Vol. 23, No. 9, pp. 1694-1707, Sept 2012.
- Q. Shiraz, M. Shariar, M. Kumar and S. K. Das, “PCV: Predicting Contact Volume for Reliable and Efficient Data Transfers in Opportunistic Networks,” Proceedings of 38th IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), Sydney, Australia, Oct 2013.
- S. K. A. Imon, A. Khan, M, Di Francesco, and S. K. Das, “RaSMaLai: A Randomized Switching Algorithm for Maximizing Lifetime in Tree-based Wireless Sensor Networks,” Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM), Turin, Italy, Apr 2013.
- S. Datta and S. K. Das, “Performance Analysis of Real-Time Traffic in Wi-Fi Networks: A Markov Chain-Based Approach,” IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Shanghai, China, Apr 2013.
- A. Nazi, M. Raj, M. Di Francesco, P. Ghosh and S. K. Das, “Robust Deployment of Wireless Sensor Networks using Gene Regulatory Networks,” Proceedings of International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN), pp. 192-207, Jan 2013.
- S. K. Das, K. Kant and N. Zhang, Handbook on Securing Cyber-Physical Critical Infrastructure: Foundations and Challenges, Morgan-Kauffman, 2012.
- J. Cao and S. K. Das, Mobile
Agents in Networking and Distributed Computing (Wiley Series in Agent
Technology), John Wiley, July 2012.
Foundation (NSF), "Bio-Inspired Approach to Robust Wireless Sensor
Networking," Oct 2013 - Sept 2014.
“SHB: Medium: Collaborative Research: Crafting a Human-Centric Environment to
Support Human Health Needs," Sept 2011 - Aug 2015.
“Mobile Application Security through Remote Sandboxing and Cloud Computing,”
Sept 2012 - Aug 2015.
“I-Corps: E2Home: Web-based Application for Home Energy Efficiency Using
Contextual Information,” July 2012 - Dec 2013.