posted 12 Sep 2010, 09:02 by Sam Mbale
updated 12 Sep 2010, 09:04
NEW YORK, Sept. 9 /PRNewswire/ -- ideeli, Inc, the fastest-growing members-only online shopping community, today announced details of its Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week sponsorship program. As an official sponsor of MBFW, ideeli.com will host a series of events, editorial coverage and activities, all taking place over the eight days of runway shows at New York's Lincoln Center and dedicated to delivering the fashion week experience to the site's nearly three million members around the country.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Activities will include:
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Featured Designer Series
- Daily sales curated by the ideeli editors and featuring select picks from the very same designers showing throughout fashion week, including Betsey Johnson, Custo Barcelona, Prabal Gurung, Nicole Miller and Tadashi Shoji, among others.
- Each event will be timed to go live on the same day the designers are showing at Lincoln Center, and will feature looks you can buy and wear now, or add to your wardrobe for seasons to come.
- The sales go live at 11am each day (for First Row members, at noon for everyone else) and will last up to 40 hours or until sold out.
ideeli's Insider Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Coverage
- The ideeli Editorial team will provide ongoing coverage of favorite designer shows, the scene at Lincoln Center and everything else, ranging from trend reports to celebrity spotting and street style. (Members can follow via the ideeli blog:blog.ideeli.com; Twitter: @ideeli; and Facebook: www.facebook.com/ideeli)
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Pick of the Day: ideeli's key blog feature gets a runway-ready makeover, spotlighting a top pick from the MBFW Designer suite of sales each day.
- The Beauty Beat will deliver the beauty 411 from in and around the shows, including the latest on makeup trends, the visionaries who create them, and how to get the looks yourself, as brought to you in savvy style by guest beauty blogger and pro makeup artist Felicia Walker Benson (ThisThatBeauty.com, ONMAKEUP Magazine, ESSENCE.com).
My First Fashion Week
- ideeli premieres a brand new editorial series, "My First Fashion Week," where one up-and-coming blogger serves as a first-time fashion week correspondent, allowing members to follow along as she jumps into the fashion trenches and shares all of her adventures (and misadventures) along the way!
- Noel Duan (NoelDuan.com, MissCouturable.com) will serve as My First Fashion Week's inaugural correspondent. Noel has been named a Blogger of the Moment by Teen Vogue and featured in Seventeen magazine. Follow her forays and foibles all week on the ideeli blog and on Twitter and Facebook.
Giveaways and Social Media
- ideeli will also host a number of polls, contests and conversations with members on Facebook and Twitter around new trends and news from the shows.
- Themed giveaways include "First Row" membership upgrades, fashion week survival kits and a Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week VIP Getaway to NYC.
"As an official sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, we're thrilled to bring all the glamorous excitement of this week long event direct to our members," says ideeli's executive director of brand marketing, Tamara Rosenthal. "This is fashion week, ideeli-style."
To join ideeli, visit www.ideeli.com and use invite code "MBFW"
ideeli, Inc is the fastest growing online members-only shopping site in the U.S. Launched in 2007, the company now has over 2.9 million members who enjoy limited-time sales events featuring products from over 600 brand partners across the categories of apparel, accessories, home, beauty and kids. Each event is curated by ideeli editors to offer an exclusive shopping opportunity with new brands featured each day at up to 80% off.
SOURCE ideeli, Inc.