As an organization, we are dedicated to increasing the awareness of the Native American culture and history at UMM as well as in the surrounding Morris communities.
Our organization's purposes are as follows:
- To offer a culturally sensitive support network for both Native and non-Native students on campus
- To encourage our members to strive for academic excellence and scholastic achievement through cooperation with campus services that offer support
- To promote service learning and civic engagement opportunities for members through cooperation with campus partners, other student organizations, and the local community
- To promote, support, and celebrate the Native American Heritage through cultural and social programming
- To foster cooperation and understanding with members, the campus, and local community in any effort to correct misrepresentations of Native American culture and/or tradition