FITNESSGRAM


We place a very important emphasis on fitness at MCMS!  Good fitness and health habits are learned and developed in our youth and will carry over to adulthood.  Childhood obesity is now a national health crisis...The State of Georgia has jumped on board to require and emphasize the importance of a healthy lifestyle by mandating that all students k-12 be assessed with the FITNESSGRAM Assessment.  This test DOES NOT test athletic ability, but rather helps inform parents and students with standards for a life of good health.  Detailed information will be sent home with your child.  
 
The FITNESSGRAM will count 60% of a students grade in P.E.   The remaining 40% will be participation and written tests.
 
There are 4 parts of the FITNESSGRAM that will count toward their grade.

                                                                           

 
                                             
 
                   Back-Saver                           Curl-ups                             Mile Run                   Push-Ups                                 
            Sit & Reach 

The scores that should be reached are as follows:

                        Back-Saver                            Curl-Ups                            Mile Run                    Push-Ups
                        Sit & Reach

Boys:  11 years    25 cent.                                26                                            9:20                        15
            12 years    26 cent.                                32                                            8:40                        18
            13 years    26 cent.                                39                                            8:06                        24
            14 years    28 cent.                                40                                           7:44                        24
            15 years    30 cent.                                45                                            7:30                        30

Girls:  11 years    29 cent.                                27                                             11:17                        11
            12 years    30 cent.                                30                                            11:05                       10
            13 years    31 cent.                                 40                                            10:23                       11
            14 years    33 cent.                                30                                             10:06                      10
            15 years    36 cent.                                26                                             9:58                        15

 
Č
ĉ
ď
Unknown user,
Sep 22, 2011, 10:31 AM
Comments