DROP OFF ZONE BASICS
Both drop off zones have parent volunteers from 8:15 to 8:35am
Both zones will also be
available for pick-up (without monitors).
Quick Drop 1 - Main Building Curb-side, Mountain
- This has become a quick and efficient place to drop students in either building.
- Any other route you can take to alleviate the
Colton/Mountain congestion is appreciated. As possible, those of us
who live high in the Montclair Hills and are able to bypass via
Thornhill Drive to Mountain Blvd, please try to use this drop off or...
- If you live in Piedmont-side Montclair or access Mountain Blvd via Thornhill Drive, Quick Drop 1
is a more efficient drop off option.
- Do not drop off on NORTH SIDE of street! There will
be nobody to help your child cross this very busy street.
Quick Drop 2 - Upper
can now pull all the way forward (to the fence) and drop student's in
the red zone. This offers a long drop off area and will hopefully
alleviate some morning congestion. Just don't forget, it's still a red
zone so DON'T stop for long or park!
- Student's using this drop off may enter the building via the entrance off the upper parking lot (see map)
Drop Off/Pick-up Suggestions:
- Leave early, Beat the 8:25 rush!
- If you want to park and walk kids in,
get here at 8:15, there are loads of spaces!
- Carpool or Walking School Bus!
- Free Street Parking (Moraga Ave,
- Paid Street Parking Mountain Boulevard,
Montclair Village side
DROP OFF ZONE SAFETY
In order for drop off to work safely & smoothly,
- DO NOT STOP OR PARK IN A YELLOW,
HANDICAPPED or RED ZONE!!! NO….REALLY DON'T!!! Please no stopping, dropping or parking in the
RED ZONES or handicap zone. Either in or outside the parking lot – you
can be ticketed and it creates a terrible back-up!
- Do not block or drop off your child in the front driveway - this
is very dangerous for the children entering the school yard.
- The yellow zones in front of the school are for
loading and unloading for BUSES only, please DO NOT PARK.
- In the drop off zones, please also help
the greeters each morning by pulling all the way forward and
having your child ready to exit your vehicle via THE CURB SIDE of your
not drop off on NORTH SIDE of street! There will be nobody to help your
child cross this very busy street.
- Please DO NOT get out
of your car if you are in the drop off zone – let the
greeter help, or let your child exit the car on the passenger side.
- Do not have prolonged goodbyes, brush hair, put shoes
on, get things out of the trunk, linger, etc. in the yellow zones.
If you need to do this, please do it before arriving at school.
- If you want to walk your child to class or supervise
them walking down the sidewalk, please find alternative parking off of
KEEP IN TOUCH! We will continue to monitor
drop off zones daily to see what can be
improved. Please share your experiences and suggestions with us at (email@example.com)