MNCESR offers various professional development opportunities for curricular areas. Email the director for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org)Understanding the Common Core Standards
Indian Education for All
- Google Earth/Placenames
- Developed by Michael Munson-Lenz, Lisa M. Blank, and Jeffrey W. Crews combines Google Earth technology and IEFA. Google Earth/PlaceNames is appropriate for 4th-12th grade teachers of social studies, science, communication arts, and technology who want to integrate technology and Indian Education for All into their classes.
- Montana Tribal Histories: Educators Resource Guide and Companion DVD
- This self-paced, online course will introduce you to Montana Office of Public Instruction’s newly released classroom resource. Expect to learn background information about Montana’s twelve tribes and seven Indian Reservations. Beginning with traditional life and aboriginal homelands, this resource chronologically follows federal policy periods through their impact on tribes. It is intended to provide a basic foundation of the historic storyline of Montana’s tribes for core content guidance and Indian Education for All implementation. Actively use this information in your reflections.
- The Framework: A Practical Guide for Montana Teachers and Administrators Implementing Indian Education for All
- Participate in this facilitated collaboration for implementing Tammy Elser’s The Framework- A Practical Guide for Montana Teachers and Administrators Implementing Indian Education for All in your school/district. Teams of teachers and administrators (recommended) or individuals from your school/district should attend these 3 sessions via ITV. Each session will build on the previous one. Work with your team and others through the interactive TV network to learn how implement this new resource from OPI into your school/district IEFA plans.
- WMCSPD Moodle
- Inquiry Science Workshops
Science Content Standards and Essential Learning Expectations.
Workshops include inquiry activities and the role-modeling of teaching
and learning of inquiry-based science. Technology and IEFA will be
integrated into each lesson.