Keep this space nice and clean for your major announcements
Homelessness Talking Points
Legislative Position for Homelessness
Mitty Advocacy Project
Archbishop Mitty High School
Here's the agenda so far, feel free to add to it or make changes.
- Cover "A Day in The Life" in specific detail.
- Ask audience to make cardboard sign begging for money or help (If need be "I am...." handout to fill in the blanks for impoverished state or a story of someone in the state of homelessness--- more formal)
- Play Allison McAndrews Urban Plunge Video - (still have to shoot this and ask her)
- Cover specific legislation and how to go about talking to local and national legislators.
- Legislative simulation. (how to address republican opposition)
Research work to do:
--------------------- So far, the research we have done is solid, but we are looking for every opportunity to improve it
- Call director of Sacred Heart for helpful numbers from agency.(Mr. Pancho Guvara)
- Call Bill Wilson Center - waiting on info from Dina's neighbor for efficiency
See resources below so that we are on the same page for the legislative situation and current fact sheets