The Miami University REU program in Ecology and Environment is a summer research program supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF). Our program is an exciting opportunity for 12 undergraduate students to actively engage in a 10 week collaborative research project.
- Each student focuses on an independent research project.
- Research opportunities are available in the lab or field (aquatic or terrestrial environments).
- Small groups of students and mentors form clusters that meet regularly to discuss current literature related to their projects.
- The summer includes field trips, short courses on ethics and professions in ecology and environmental science, and seminars by guest speakers.
- A special workshop entitled "A People and their Homeland" will be presented by the Myaamia tribe of Oklahoma & the Hefner Museum of Natural History.
In Miami University's REU program, you will learn through exciting activities and hands on research experience. Your summer will be very busy as you embark on your own research project, and participate in field trips and short courses.
The Miami University Ecology REU program is interested in outstanding students in the biological sciences with diverse backgrounds and a strong interest in Ecology. To apply to our program follow the link below!
Grow as a scientist, student, and individual as you interact with students from diverse backgrounds. By making connections with faculty and graduate students you will learn about Ecology and Environmental Science as a career.