|Advancing Educational Experiences for Boys and Girls in Candler County Schools
Post Office Box 21
Metter, Georgia 30439
Board of Education
210 South College Street
Metter, Georgia 30439 (912) 685-5713
A great big THANK YOU!! to all of you. The 2015/2016 Fund raising drive has a great start with your generous donations. Once again MHS tops the list with the most dollars donated of $5,000.00. Congratulations and thank you to MMS for 100% participation for a total of $3,094.00 donated followed by MES with $1,718.40 and MIS with $1,618.00. Thank you also to the rest of the staff including the board office personnel for donations totaling $2,459.00. This grand total of $13,889.00 is a wonderful start.
| by Selby Cody Voss|
During the January board meeting of Candler County Board of Education, board members recognized retired teacher Vicki Lane for her time and dedication to enhancing the educational experience of local students through the Candler County Educational Foundation.
Dr. Nancy Norton, chairman of the Foundation, spoke fondly of Lane and her service with the Foundation.
“Vicki started at the very beginning as one of our members, and as a former teacher, she provided a wonderful insight to what was needed in the school system and what we could do to help,” Dr. Norton said.
Since its inception in 2006, Lane has served as a member of the educational foundation, and in acknowledgment of those 10 years of service, the board and other members of the foundation presented her with a plaque .
As a closing remark, Lane commented, “Thank you so much. I’ve loved all the memories I have, and though I’m going to make new ones, I’ll always cherish these.”
In other news of the meeting …
• The MIS Robotics Team, the Rockin’ Rookies, was recognized.
• The board introduced the new Archway executive, Catherine Muse.
• Financial reports were approved.
• Craig Lanier was re-elected as chairman and Rhonda Hendrix was re-elected as vice-chairman.
• The board re-elected Marc Bruce of Edenfield, Cox, Bruce, and Classens as board attorney.
• The 2016 board meeting dates and times were approved to keep the present schedule. Regularly scheduled monthly meetings are every third at , and board workshops are on the before at
• The December 2015 board minutes were approved.
• Various fundraisers were approved.
• Calendars for FY16-17 and FY17-18 were approved.