We are using the term social ecosystem - or ecology - as shorthand for the connected cloud of people and organisations, networks, content and tools that may be involved in sharing knowledge around a situation or topic, using a range of different media.
The idea of an ecosystem provides a framework for the Living Lab games and explorations that we are developing here.
- We see networks as the connections between people and organisations in an ecosystem. More >
- Mapping is process to identify and display the assets and networks within an ecosystem. More >
- Workshop games are ways to simulate ecosystems - and provide practical ways to plan projects and learn about digital technology. More >
- Social reporting explorations are ways to research a topic, develop ideas collaboratively, and build networks. More >
- Projects then combine one or more of these ideas and methods. More >
Through games, social reporting and projects, we'll be exploring:
- Communities and organisations as ecosystems
- Personal ecosystems
- Mapping the networks in ecosystems
- Facilitating ecosystem communications - see explorations