1. "Jail" the Detail!- Highlight, underline, or circle the details in the question. This helps you focus on exactly what the question is asking.
2. Be Slick and Predict! - Predict what the answer is BEFORE you read the choices.
3. Slash the Trash!- Read ALL choices. Eliminate any choice(s) that you know is a wrong answer. The choice is obviously trash!
4. Plug it in! Plug it in!- Once you have chosen your answer, plug it in and make sure it makes sense.
5. Be Smart with Charts and Zap the Maps!- Charts and maps provide information to answer questions. Analyze all information provided before answering questions.
6. Extra! Extra! Read All About It!- If the directions say read...READ! Learn the difference between scan and read.
7. Be a Whiz with the Grid!- Beware! If the answer is not bubbled in exactly right... Yikes! It will be wrong!
8. Keep on Keeping On!- If you get to a couple of questions that you just don't know, don't give up!
9. If you SNOOZE, you will LOSE!- Don't leave a question unanswered. You will not have any chance of getting it right!
10. Check It Out!- When you have completed the test, go back and check your work. Go the extra mile to reaffirm your answers.