MCLEAN CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL
2017 RULES AND REGULATIONS
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
Date of Event: January 29, 2017 (Sunday)
Location of Event: McLean Community Center
1234 Ingleside Drive
McLean, Virginia 22101
Time of Event: Set Up: Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Event: Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Takedown: Sunday: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
1. PRODUCT/UTENSILS. All participants shall have products made from chocolate available for the festival. The products shall be items available for sale at the particular business or items that are home made. All participants are responsible for providing plates, napkins, and any eating and/or serving utensils for their products.
RECOGNIZING THAT SOME PATRONS MAY BE ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS, ALL PARTICIPANTS SHALL DISPLAY WHETHER THEIR PRODUCTS CONTAIN ANY PEANUT OR PEANUT PRODUCTS.
2. WHOLE PRODUCT SALE/TASTE SALE. Participants may either sell “whole” products or “taste” sales. All sales will be transacted by using “Taste” tickets sold by the McLean Rotary Club Foundation. There will be NO monetary transactions made between the participants and attendees at the event. The only monetary transactions that will take place will be between the attendees and members of the McLean Rotary Club Foundation for the purchase of Taste tickets. Taste tickets will be sold in one dollar increments.
3. PAYMENT. Each vendor participant will be provided with a sealed container in which they shall place their Taste tickets as they are collected. These containers will be turned over to the Chairperson of the McLean Rotary Club Foundation or designee at the end of the event. These tickets will be counted at the end of day. For taste tickets collected by each vendor, the McLean Rotary Club Foundation will reimburse each vendor $0.75 per dollar value of each ticket.
4. HEATING/COOLING. Participants are responsible for providing their own heating and cooling devices for their products.
1. ENTRY FEE/LICENSES/PERMITS/TAXES. The cost for each vendor participant will be $75 per space. These monies must be paid in advance and are non-refundable if vendor does not cancel by November 2, 2016. Checks should be made payable to the McLean Rotary Club Foundation. All notifications of cancellation must be made in writing, and postmarked not later than November 2, 2016, to the address listed in this document.
A completed application and payment must be received by November 30, 2016, at:
McLean Rotary Club Foundation
Attn: Chocolate Festival
P.O. Box 561
McLean, VA 22101-0561
All vendor participants will be responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits, and/or insurance coverage as required. Local officials during the event may require evidence of this documentation. Vendor participants are also responsible for payment of any applicable sales tax associated with the sale of their products. The Health Department will be notified of the event and may be on the premises during the event and may do an inspection of each participant. It is a requirement of the Health Department that all food products must be covered in some manner during the event. The McLean Rotary Club may be required to provide a listing of all vendor participants to the Fairfax County Department of Tax Administration prior to the event. Any questions regarding business licenses and permits may be directed to the Fairfax County of Tax Administration at 703-222-8234. Of special note is that the McLean Rotary Club is required to inform the Fairfax County Health Department the name, address, and phone number of each vendor’s participation regarding the requirement for a temporary food service permit through the Commonwealth of Virginia. We are aware that some of you may already have this permit. We urge each of you to contact the Fairfax County Health Department at (703) 246-2444 to see if this permit applies to your product.
Each space shall be approximately 10’ x 7’ and include one 8’ x 3'' table, tablecloth, table skirt, two (2) chairs, and space for a business/organization name sign.
Assignment/Allocations of space shall be as follows:
1. Receipt of completed application and payment
2. Requirements for electricity
3. Multiple space purchase
4. The first 20 tables will be assigned space in the Community Hall. The last five tables will be assigned space in the adjacent Stedman Room.
D. TABLE RESERVATION POLICY
There will be a maximum of no more than two tables reserved per vendor. Vendors may request additional space based on availability at the closing date of October 31, 2016, and will be processed as soon as possible.
All vendor participants MUST arrive at least one and one half-hours (9:30 a.m.) prior to the start of the event. Representatives of the McLean Rotary Club Foundation will be at the facility at least two (2) hours prior to the event beginning. If vendor participants are late arriving, the McLean Rotary Club Foundation cannot guarantee easy access to the building entrances or their spaces.
F. CLEAN UP
At the end of the event, each vendor participant must clean up and remove all products, product containers, serving items, and trash within one (1) hour of closing (5:00 p.m.)