Want writing, communications and social media experience at a fun, growing start-up in the food space? At It’s a Keeper, we’re looking to make an addition to our team who’s interested in getting hands-on experience and developing writing and communications skills for his/her portfolio. Our ideal candidate is passionate about writing, has solid writing skills and has a strong desire to be a part of a start-up company.
• Drafting content for new blog posts
• Drafting content for social media posts
• Assisting with search engine optimization
• Pitching ideas
• Assisting with research on relevant topics
• Engaging with partners and fans through social media and online channels
• Sharing It’s a Keeper content and growing our audience
• Strong writing skills
• Strong social media skills, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube are a major plus
• Previous Wordpress and blogging experience are a major plus, but not required
• Should be a self-starter that knows how to prioritize, is incredibly detail-oriented, and doesn’t require a lot of structure or guidance
• Must be enthusiastic! We are a small team and need someone with a positive attitude that loves to juggle multiple projects at once
affinity for organization, clear communication, and humor is encouraged
The work schedule is extremely flexible. Interns must be available to work a minimum of 100 hours throughout the semester. Most of the internship work may be completed from your home office, however periodic meetings in person or via Skype will be required. This internship is unpaid.
WHY INTERN WITH IT’S A KEEPER?
• This is not a coffee-making internship. You have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in web development and interactive media to help build your portfolio.
• You’ll work in a flexible environment that allows you to meet your goals.
• You can dive into our crazy food world – test our recipes and learn about food and cooking!
• You’re part of a team. We’re a small company, and that means that when you work here, you’re not “the intern”–you’re part of the team. Plus, we’re all about having fun. We are an energetic, innovative team that laughs a lot.
• Your ideas matter. We hope you’ll learn a lot here, but we’re also open to learning from you. It’s a chance to be at the start of something huge. We’ve only made a small dent in what we plan to do. We are pursuing big dreams and we’ll give you the chance to explore yours too.
ABOUT IT’S A KEEPER:
For more than four years, It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com) has been a trusted cooking authority for today’s busy families. Today, the site gets over 80,000 hits per month and was voted “Best Blog of 2013” by Electric City.
Christina Hitchcock is a former marketing VP turned digital mom and food blogger. She is the recipe developer, publisher and photographer behind It is a Keeper. Christina is/was:
• Field editor for Taste of Home magazine
• Contributor on WNEP’s Home & Backyard program (ABC affiliate)
• One of NEPA Business Journal’s Top 20 Under 40
• Brand Ambassador for Good Cook
• Featured in national magazines and high profile online sites such as Taste of Home, BlogHer, Yummly, QVC.com and AllParenting.com
blogger | brand ambassador | social media influencer