video production experience at a fun, growing start-up in the food space? At
• Pitching video blog post ideas
• Producing video content from end to end -- Create, produce, shoot and edit videos from inside the It’s a Keeper kitchen
• Edit videos shot by It’s a Keeper
• Manage the It’s a Keeper video library
• Engage with partners and fans through online channels, help share It’s a Keeper videos and grow audience.
• Strong digital video and audio production/editing skills
• Working knowledge of YouTube backend, annotations, etc.
• Knowledge of trends in video, best practices for distribution
• Knowledge of and passion for film, food and cooking
• Previous Wordpress and blogging experience are a major plus, but not required
• Should be a self-starter that knows how to prioritize, is incredibly detail-oriented, and doesn’t require a lot of structure or guidance
• Must be enthusiastic! We are a small team and need someone with a positive attitude that loves to juggle multiple projects at once
affinity for organization, clear communication, and humor is encouraged
The work schedule is extremely flexible. Interns must be available to work a minimum of 100 hours throughout the semester. A portion of the of the internship will involve travel to the It’s a Keeper kitchen in Moscow, PA, however a large portion of the work may be completed from your home office and/or school editing facility. Periodic meetings in person or via Skype will be required as well. This internship is unpaid.
WHY INTERN WITH IT’S A KEEPER?
• This is not a coffee-making internship. You have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in web development and interactive media to help build your portfolio.
• You’ll work in a flexible environment that allows you to meet your goals.
• You can dive into our crazy food world – test our recipes and learn about food and cooking!
• You’re part of a team. We’re a small company, and that means that when you work here, you’re not “the intern”–you’re part of the team. Plus, we’re all about having fun. We are an energetic, innovative team that laughs a lot.
• Your ideas matter. We hope you’ll learn a lot here, but we’re also open to learning from you. It’s a chance to be at the start of something huge. We’ve only made a small dent in what we plan to do. We are pursuing big dreams and we’ll give you the chance to explore yours too.
ABOUT IT’S A KEEPER:
For more than four years, It Is a Keeper (www.itisakeeper.com) has been a trusted cooking authority for today’s busy families. Today, the site gets over 80,000 hits per month and was voted “Best Blog of 2013” by Electric City.
Christina Hitchcock is a former marketing VP turned digital mom and food blogger. She is the recipe developer, publisher and photographer behind It is a Keeper. Christina is/was:
• Field editor for Taste of Home magazine
• Contributor on WNEP’s Home & Backyard program (ABC affiliate)
• One of NEPA Business Journal’s Top 20 Under 40
• Brand Ambassador for Good Cook
• Featured in national magazines and high profile online sites such as Taste of Home, BlogHer, Yummly, QVC.com and AllParenting.com
blogger | brand ambassador | social media influencer