Since 1993 Marymount University's Literary Arts Magazine has consistently published the highest quality literary work and artwork produced by our diverse student community. This publication is a creative outlet for literary and artistic expression. Poetry, fiction and non-fiction, fine art, photography, illustration and design works may be submitted by students for juried selection process.
How to submit
Submissions are open to the entire student community including graduate, undergraduate, part-time and full-time students. All content observes the standards that are in accord with the University's mission and religious traditions. Each year, the magazine is launched at the Student Art and Design Exhibition in March. Students are offered the opportunity and encouraged to read at blueInk sponsored poetry readings. With a circulation of 300, copies are available through Gailhac G104, Student Activities and online in pdf format. Forms and submission information. SUBMIT HERE
Send files to firstname.lastname@example.org
The MU Literary Arts Magazine has won:
First Place, 2007, PIVA Best Book Award; Digital Division
First Place, 2002, American Scholastic Press Association
Outstanding Cover, 2002, American Scholastic Press Association
In 2005 the literary magazine was rebranded. blueInk is our new name. We encourage student,faculty, and community involvement in all aspects of the publication especially with the on-line publication process.
our goals are:
• to raise visibility of the creative talent within our community
• to provide global exposure for our students' literary and art work
• to offer Marymount University students the opportunity to publish their work on the World Wide Web.
• to provide a forum for recognition of the Faculty Award recipients (for best poem, best prose, and best artwork)
• to offer a forum for debate and learning through the creative written word
All students are welcome to participate in blueInk. For more information or to join the staff of blueInk,email the current magazine editor.