Lesson Plan Contest
Wanted: Lesson Plans for social justice, solidarity, mission...
Share your great ideas with others and enter the contest to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card
Join us as we build a library of quality mission education resources on our website.
Submit a lesson plan for a class, workshop or mission education presentation to be posted on our webpage. Lesson plans selected for publication will receive a $25 credit for Orbis books and other mission education resources from the Maryknoll Mall.
For a limited time, one submission each month will be selected to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card.
- Bringing God's mission of love to our lives and world
- Making social justice happen
- Building relationships of global solidarity
- Lesson Plans for Lent 2013
- Lesson Plans for Easter Season
- 2013Keeping Pentecost Alive
Criteria and format for submissions:
All lesson lessons submitted should include the following:
- Lesson Title
- Content Area(s) (if applicable, ex: language arts)
- Lesson Objective (what do you want the audience to be able to do, explain, discuss, etc., by the end of this lesson?)
- Lesson Assesment (how will the audience show the person leading the lesson that they "get it" or can do what you hope?)
- Grade Level(s) or Age Group(s)
- Duration (ex: two 45-minute periods)
- Theme/Topic (ex: Lent, making social justice happen, etc.)
- Materials Needed (ex: felt pens)
- Supplementary Materials (any worksheets, video links, etc.)
- Step-by-step lesson activities
You can view, download, and use a suggested lesson template that includes all of the above requirements HERE.
Submit entries in MS Word or Google Doc format to Kevin Foy.
- K-5 Grade6-8 Grade
- High School
- Youth ministry groups
- Young adult and college campus ministry groups
- RCIA Groups
- Adult faith formation
- Ministry formation classes
- Deacon formation classes
Rules, fine print, legal stuff, etc.
- You must personally own all the ideas, photos and other material in your submission and none of it can be subject to copyright by you or others.
- If selected for publication on our website or other venue, your submission becomes the property of the Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers. We reserve the right to edit or modify the content.
- You will be given credit for your submission through a tag line on the resource.
- Maryknoll paid employees are not eligible to win, but the contest is open to Maryknoll Affiliates.