Please contact us here if you have any questions or would like help with planning.
How to Get Involved With a #LoveAction Already Planned
- Reach out to the contact of the #LoveAction you want to get involved in to see how you can help.
- Plan to attend a #LoveAction. You can work with the contact person to be a participant or a supporter.
How to Create Your Own #LoveAction
- If a #LoveAction is already planned for your community, reach out to the contact to see how you can help with planning the event.
- If you live in a state with marriage equality, consider alternative events such as:
- Hand out Valentine's Day cards at train / subway stations that explain why our fight is not over.
- Hold a celebration at the County Clerks office.
- If your community does not currently have a #LoveAction planned, feel free to plan your own!
- Reach out to others to support you in planning
- Work with a local clerk's office in planning the #LoveAction. Let them know what you are planning and see how you can work together. Remember - many clerk's personally support our cause!
- Recruit unmarried same-sex couples that would be willing to request (and be denied) marriage licenses.
- Recruit supporters who will attend the event to support the couples requesting licenses.
- Reach out to the media to let them know about the event - their coverage is critical for getting the message out about the love and commitment our families have for each other!
- Be creative!!
- Some events have had faith leaders attend and bless couples and song groups to sing
- Some events have had wedding cake for attendees
- Congratulate heterosexual couples picking up licenses, hand them a rose or a candy heart and explain that you want to be able to join them in marrying