If your child will be 5 years old on or before September 15, 2017, it’s time to get ready for your child to attend Kindergarten class in August. Kindergarten is one of many milestones in your child’s journey through life. It’s an exciting time for your child to broaden their learning skills and make lasting friendships along the way. We at Cardinal Elementary extend a warm welcome to you and your family and we are eager to assist you through your child’s Kindergarten enrollment process.
order to make plans for the incoming 2017-2018 Kindergarten class, we are
requesting parents/guardians of eligible Kindergartners to submit a Kindergarten Information Sheet as soon as possible. Click HERE to print the information sheet or call Jan Wagner at 563-652-5157 to request the sheet be sent to you.
Submit your child's Kindergarten Information Sheet to Cardinal Elementary as soon as possible. Kindergarten
Round Up will be held Thursday, April 13, 2017. On this day, children will be able to meet Kindergarten teachers, visit Kindergarten classrooms, and engage in some fun-filled activities. Please sign your child up for either a morning session (9:00 am-9:45 am) or an afternoon session (12:30 pm-1:15 pm).
How Do I Get My Child Registered for Kindergarten?
will register your student by going to the Maquoketa Community School District Website and clicking on the Parent Portal link where you will find the "Online Registration" link. You will need a Username and Password to log in to the Parent Portal. If you do not have a Username and Password, please contact Jan Wagner at 563-652-5157. Registration will open in July. You will be notified by an automated phone call when registration opens.
Health Documents and Other Forms
Along with submitting your child’s registration application on-line, there are additional forms required by the State of Iowa in order to complete your child’s enrollment. Please submit the following forms to Cardinal Elementary before the first day of school.
· Proof of Child’s Age (several options are acceptable--see list below):
· A state-issued birth certificate obtained from the county the child was born. The certificate can be obtained from:
· Jackson County Courthouse, Room 206, 201 West Platt Street, Maquoketa, IA 52060, if your child was born in Jackson County. Phone: 563-652-2504; Cost: $20.
· the Iowa Vital Records Bureau, Lucas State Office Building 321 E. 12th St., Des Moines, IA 50319, if your child was born in another Iowa county. Phone: 515-281-4944,Cost: $20
· A passport
· Adoption papers· Immunization Record or Exemption Certificate
· Physical Form (including blood lead screening)
· Dental Screening Form
Kindergarten Registration Checklist
Please click HERE for the Kindergarten Registration Checklist to guide you through the registration process.
Please contact Jan Wagner, District Registrar, if you have questions at 563-652-5157 or by email at email@example.com.