(Once the brochure is completed it will be inserted here)
We are planning an event full day for all of our guests.
- To start we will have a colorful souvenir dash plaque for the first 300 cars.
- During the day there will be a door prize drawing every half hour.
- Your admission cost will admit you to our hanger full of Warplanes many of which have been restored by MAPS volunteers.
- We will roll out a few war planes and permit you to photo your can next to a plane. A second option is to select a professional framed photo done by our own group. How great is that souvenir?
- About noon is a planned salute to veterans.
- We will have meals available and there are four restrooms so no lines.
- Then about 1;00 PM there will be what drag race guys call a Cacklefest. Race engines will start together so you can hear LOUD engines.
- Planned for after 2:00 there will be a demonstration featuring a WWI Sopwith Triplane with a very rare rotary engine that is temperamental to start and our guys hope to start it so you can see just how far aviation has come since WWI. This plane has a throttle on the engine but no brakes. Think about that for a while.
- Be sure to check out our “Heroes Gallery Room” which is loaded with memorabilia from wars all the way from WWI to date or nearly so.
- Then check out our Gift Shop where you’ll find a Hugh selection of model planes, shirts, jackets and caps.
- Maps air museum can be reached on the west side of Akron Canton Airport on International Parkway off of Massillon Road S.R.241.
- Our admission for show cars is $6.00 per car plus $1 per occupant. The admission for walk-in spectators is $5.00. All of this is a real bargain because the regular admission for a guided tour of the museum is $8.00 but your admission is included.
- Our rain date is the next day Sunday June 5.
- This is a cruise-in you will remember.
- Handy Randy Show filming all day long!