Mrs. Milligan's Message 10/19/18
Mrs. Milligan's Message ~ 10/19/18
Our next PSG meeting is November 1st at 6:30 in the Southside Staff Room.
Please go to the Southside Website to access information and resources.
Blue Ribbon Award
Southside will be recognized at the Blue Ribbon Award Ceremony on October 26th in Concord.
The NHPIE Blue Ribbon Award recognizes the extraordinary efforts of school volunteers for the achievements realized during the previous school year. The 2018 Blue Ribbon Award is given to successful and effective school volunteer programs during the 2017-2018 school year. Southside volunteers clocked over 1,300 hours of service last year. Let’s work together to exceed this number this school year!
If you are interested in being a parent volunteer at Southside, please go to: Volunteer Information and select click here for volunteer trainings.
There will be volunteer trainings held at Southside on:
November 7 @ 1:00-1:30
December 11 @ 5:30-6:00
January 10 @ 8:00-8:30
Manchester Proud wants to hear directly from you about your experiences in Manchester. They are hosting a listening session for families at our school, which will be an hour long. By participating in a listening session, you will help shape the future of Manchester’s public schools and the city as a whole. All information shared in listening sessions will remain confidential and responses will be summarized and used collectively along with other data. If you are interested in participating, please kindly RSVP by completing this quick form. If you have difficulty accessing this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATE: Thursday, November 1 at 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. for PSG (Parent Support Group)
COMMITMENT: One hour - we promise to start and finish on time!
LOCATION: Southside cafe’
CONTACT PERSON: If you have any questions about the listening sessions, please contact Manchester Proud at email@example.com. You can also email your principal directly with questions.
Washington DC Trip- It is not too late for 8th grade students to sign up for the Washington DC Trip. Please note that this is not a school sponsored event. If you have any questions, please contact Regina McGuiggin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family ID will open next week, 10/22, for winter basketball registrations. Cheerleaders should register through the 21st Century Program, contact Ann Hetzel at email@example.com.
The i- Ready testing window will be open October 16 through the 23rd at Southside. i-Ready is a web-based adaptive diagnostic assessment and instruction program. i-Ready assesses students’ reading skills to the sub-domain level, prescribing differentiated instruction so learners of all abilities can achieve success. The diagnostic assessment identifies which students are experiencing difficulties with specific skills, providing real-time, actionable data and reports to guide teachers in effective intervention. The assessment can also be leveraged at the classroom, school, and district levels to evaluate the effectiveness of the instruction or intervention measures.
Grade 8 will test on October 22nd and 23rd. It is very important that your child gets plenty of rest, and eats breakfast the day of testing. It is also very important that your child takes the assessment seriously and does their very best as the results will be used to appropriately program for your child. Each child will have the opportunity to meet individually with their teacher after testing to set academic goals for the school year. We thank you in advance for your support.
- X-Country State Championship Saturday, October 20th at Londonderry High School
- Soccer finals are on Sunday, October 21st at West High School at 6 pm
- October 22nd-26th Red Ribbon Week 2018
- October 22nd-8th Grade i-Ready Testing and Volleyball quarterfinals begin
- October 23rd-8th Grade i-Ready Testing
- Field Hockey playoffs begin the week of October 29th (please see the master calendar on the Southside website for updates)
See Below for a great opportunity:
BRING IT!!! IS BACK!
Season 12 Continues This Week
Please help us spread the word!
BRING IT!!! is an inviting and exciting program open to all MSD students in grades 4-12, for free! We have been around for a long time and we have one thing in mind: connecting our awesome kiddos to meaningful opportunities and a better future. Our program starts this week at Hillside Middle School. We will see you all soon!
Who: All Manchester School District students grades 4-12
What: Indoor soccer, dance, homework help, health, Girls Inc, career quest, art, mentoring, music and more
Where: Hillside Middle School
When: Tuesday & Wednesday evenings 5:30-8:30
Why: Because our kids are incredible and we want to connect them to outstanding programs, experiences and mentors.
Volunteers: Students from SNHU, St. Anselm College and City Year volunteer with our students.
Meals: A hot & tasty meal will be provided nightly courtesy of our friends at Girls Inc.
Transportation: Two bus runs a night, please note:
1) Pickup Run #1: Bishop O’Neil Center at 4:45pm. Pick up at West High School at 4:50pm. Pick up at Elm Street @ Dow at 5:00pm. Pick up at Beech Street School at 5:15pm. Drop off at Hillside Middle School at 5:30.
2) Pickup Run #2: Bishop O’Neil Center at 6:15pm. Pick up at West High School at 6:20pm. Pick up at Elm Street @ Dow at 6:30. Pick up at Beech Street School at 6:45. Drop off at Hillside Middle School at 7:00.
3) Departure Run #1: Leaves Hillside at 7:00pm, drop off at Beech Street, drop off at Elm Street @ Dow, Drop off at West High School, Drop off at Bishop O’Neil Center.
4) Departure Run #2: Leaves Hillside Hillside at 8:30pm, drop off at Beech Street, drop off at Elm Street @ Dow, Drop off at West High School, Drop off at Bishop O’Neil Center.