1. Open House: There will be an Open House on Thursday, September 27th (6 -7 p.m.)
2. First Day of School: September 5th, grades K-5. *Refer to handout in packet for additional information.
2. Arrival: This will begin the second week of school, Wednesday, September 10th The doors will be open @ 8:15 a.m. for breakfast only. Please do not drop your child off prior to 8:15 a.m. for his/her safety as there is no supervision. If your child does not get breakfast, please drop him/her off no earlier than 8:30 a.m. The doors open @ 8:30 a.m for those students not getting breakfast. To ensure the safety of all children, no cars are permitted in the bus lane in front of the school during 8:00- 9:00 a.m. If you chose to use the Mason Street drop off, please remember to drop off your child quickly as there will be cars behind your car. Please contact New Mornings Before School Program @ 669-3591 if you are in need of before school child care.
3. Parent Email Address: Please provide your email address to the emergency contact sheet that will go home the first day of school. Northwest is attempting to go paperless. I will be sending out Principal newsletters, reminders of upcoming events, etc. through email. This will allow you to have access to this information at all times and will save on paper at the school. If you do not have an email account, please consider creating one. We will also provide paper versions to families that do not have an email account. This change will be easier for you to access school information quickly and eliminate “my child did not bring that paper home” problem.
4.Tardy/Absent: As we all adjust to getting back into the routine of school, please remember that getting to school on time is very, very important to the success of your child. Starting off the day right allows him/her to be fully present for learning and growth. If your child arrives after 8:45 a.m., he/she is tardy. Please walk your child into the office to sign him/her in.
***If your child will be absent, please call 624-6321, dial ext. 10, before 7:45 a.m.. State your child’s full name, teacher’s name, and reason for absence. You may call at anytime before 7:45 a.m. as it will go directly to voicemail.
5. Dismissal: Dismissal is at 2:50 p.m. The safety of each and every child is our greatest priority. To ensure the safety of all children, no cars are permitted in the bus lane in front of the school during 2:15-3:15 p.m. Please refrain from picking up your child in the office 5-10 minutes early. The children will be walked out the front doors by their teacher @ 2:50 p.m. The teacher will walk all students in grades 2-5 to a designated area on the lower playground before dismissing them to a parent/guardian. Grade K will be dismissed @ 2:45 p.m. at the kindergarten classroom doors to the left of main doors (facing the school). Grade 1 will be dismissed to the right of the main entrance (facing the school).
Visitors: All visitors must enter through the main doors and check in at the office. (Please press the small silver button on the white box to the right of the main doors to be let in).
6. Buses: Children are required to take assigned buses and get off bus at assigned stops only.
7. Emergency Contact Information: It is imperative that your child’s Emergency Contact and dismissal information are accurate and up-to-date throughout the school year. Please notify the school, in writing, for any of the following changes: job, phone numbers, address, or emergency contact people. It is very important to your child’s safety that this information is updated when changes occur. Thank you in advance for your help with this.
8. Dogs: Dogs are not allowed on school property during school hours for the safety of all children. This is a district policy for all dogs regardless of size of dog. This does not include service dogs.
9. Change of dismissal: For the safety of your child, please do not call the office during the day to change the way your child is going home. It is extremely important to write a note and send it to school in the morning with your child. With approximately 675 students and one secretary, it is imperative that you adhere to this procedure so your child gets home safely. Please send a note in and not call the office when there is a change in dismissal. If you must call during the day, please do so before 2 p.m. This will allow Mrs. Aubin enough time to contact teacher and adjust rosters.
10. City Year: Northwest has one City Year Americorp member in each grade 3-5 classroom. Northwest is lucky and excited to have City Year members again this school year. The members are outstanding individuals who are eager to support every child in their assigned classroom. Thank you City Year!
11. School Picture Day: Tuesday, September 18th *An envelope will come home soon.
12. School Fundraiser Kick off: September 27th. *An envelope will come home on this day.
1. SchoolMessenger: To make sure you are receiving Manchester School District notifications in ways that work best for you please go to the Manchester School District website. (www.mansd.org) to create an SchoolMessenger app account to set notification preferences. At the top there is a link called, “Create a SchoolMessenger app account to set notification preferences”. Sign up for the FREE SchoolMessenger App to set your communication preferences to receive calls, emails, and/or text messages. You decide what way works best for you. You will receive district notifications throughout the school year. PLEASE KNOW, you must have an email account that matches with the email account you provide on the Emergency Contact sheet you received on the first day of school. Please be sure to complete the email section of the sheet.