(School Improvement Grant)
Gossler Park was awarded the SIG grant in 2010. This is a 3 year grant which brings funding and resources to Gossler Park. This is a Transformational initiative. The school will make changes in the way they provide instruction in an effort to make immediate and significant improvement in student test scores.
Below is a summary of the activities and initiatives which were implemented at Gossler Park as a result of the SIG. Some of these initiatives may not be funded after the 3 year grant money is used*.
Transformational Leadership-New principal appointed Summer of 2010
1. Full Time Assistant Principal*
2. Full Time Social Worker*
3. Responsive Classroom-Morning Meeting
4. Aims Web Monitoring Tool
5. iPad labs-4 carts of 30 iPads
6. 4 interactive white board systems
7. Extended learning opportunities (Earlier school-day opening, Summer tutoring)
8. School-wide Behavior Initiative-G.A.T.O.R.S.
9. SNHU partnership
10. Extended teacher PLC meetings
11. Consultant support in RtI, Math, Responsive Classroom and Technology
12. P.I.R.C. -Parent Information Resource Center -Needs Survey and Team meetings
13. Student Incentives-Celebrations
14. Professional Development Opportunities for Staff-
-Responsive Classroom -Differentiated Instruction - Everyday Math - Parent Resources
-Technology - RtI - Aims Web tool
15. Teacher and Leader Effectiveness Plan - Implementation in Fall of 2012
16. SIG coordinator support*
US Dept of Education SIG
This site will give an overview of the origins of the grant.
This site has specific information on the grant at the state level.