posted Oct 13, 2009, 10:05 AM by Maine VOAD Admin
updated Oct 19, 2009, 9:00 AM
The next meeting for the Northern region of Maine VOAD will meet at The United Way office at 480 Main St. (Third floor above Key Bank) in Presque Isle on Tuesday, October 27, 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
Comments – Bob Van Deventer
Treasurer/Secretary Report – Rachel Lindsey
Update on 501.c.3 status – Bob Van Deventer
- Jeremy Hammond of GSFB is updating our website.
- Tim Brown of the Baptist Convention is offering “demucking” training.
- Rachel Lindsey of NBDR is sharing the “Ready Freddy Program” disaster preparedness program at three (3) fairs and several schools including the Fryeburg Fair- donations for the program from NERT and MEMA agreement.
- 7th Day Adventist has helped open a multiagency VOAD warehouse for food distribution and disaster supply storage in Portland.(Bob V will add some comments)
- Brent Trueworthy of NBDR is working on supplying food to food pantries in the southern part of the state lost during the winter ice storm.
- Brent Trueworthy -MEMA is offering the VOAD members formal training in the Aidmatrix System which is being used by FEMA and the National VOAD. Is your organization interested?
- Brent Trueworthy- reimbursement from FEMA via the VOAD during a Pres Declaration
- Jason Hall- GSFB / VOAD volunteers picking of broccoli in Presque Isle
- Darla Chafin – MEMA/VOAD Update – signed MOU – Darla’s retirement.
- Maine Community Action Assoc. will speak about SSBG monies.
A light supper is included, sponsored by NERT. Please let Bob Van Deventer (email@example.com or 207-948-3499)know if you will be attending . There is always food for a few extras, so not registering in advance should not keep you away, but getting an approximate count helps with the seating as well as the food arrangements.