Time again for another Southern Maine Regional Meeting
When: Thursday, September 24 4:30pm- 6:30pm
Where: Salvation Army, Portland
Light dinner will be served. Sponsored by NERT.
- President’s Comments- Bob V.
- Treasurer/Secretary Report- Rachel L.
- Update on 501.c.3 status- Bob V.
- Jeremy Hammond of GSFB is updating our website.
- Tim Brown of the Baptist Convention is offering “demucking” training.
- Rachel Lindsey of NBDR is sharing the “Ready Freddy Program” disaster preparedness program at three (3) fairs and several schools including the Fryeburg Fair- donations for the program from NERT and MEMA agreement.
- Peter Robinson of the 7th Day Adventist has helped open a multiagency VOAD warehouse for food distribution and disaster supply storage in Portland.(Bob V will add some comments)
- Brent Trueworthy of NBDR is working on supplying food to food pantries in the southern part of the state lost during the winter ice storm.
- Brent Trueworthy -MEMA is offering the VOAD members formal training in the Aidmatrix System which is being used by FEMA and the National VOAD. Is your organization interested?
- Red Cross Information/Policy Update- Morgan Bickerstaff.
- Jason Hall- GSFB / VOAD volunteers picking of broccoli in Presque Isle.
- Darla Chafin – MEMA/VOAD Update – signed MOU – Darlas retirement.
REMINDER – If you have not done so please return the your organization's application information and MOU to:
Attn: Bob Van
1058 Albion Rd
Unity, Me 04988